A few career highlights:
• Member of the Horror Writers Association and the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).
• In 2013, he received his MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University.
• In 2011, he attended Borderlands Press Writers Bootcamp.
• In 2009, he won the category of Best Short Screenplay at the Eerie Horror Film Festival for his script Conundrum.
• In 2008, he Interned at the Portland Magazine in Portland, Maine.
• In 2005, he was chosen to attended the 27th Annual Stonecoast Writers’ Conference in Freeport, Maine, with support from historic Bowdoin College.
• In 2003, Sheldon was the Assistant to John A. Russo (Director, Screenwriter, Author) at the JOHN RUSSO MOVIE ACADEMY in Pittsburgh, PA. Mr. Russo is best known for co-writing the seminal film Night of the Living Dead and co-creating the film series Return of the Living Dead.
As with nearly all writers, Sheldon Higdon has been writing for most of his life. In the early 2000s he had a few short stories, a poem, and an article appear in online and now-defunct publications. It wasn't until 2008 when he finally submitted to professional publications. His first ever submission came back accepted within hours and it started his career. Since then, he has nearly 50 publications under his belt with numerous short stories, poems, and articles.
He is currently working on a YA horror/fantasy novel and has a short screenplay being produced in London.